Have questions about Emma House, volunteering with us, or donating?
Didn’t get the answer you needed? Feel free to contact us for more information about our services, volunteering, and donating. Contact us by email, Click Here
How old do I have to be to volunteer?
- Individual volunteers must be 18 years old or older. For groups, younger volunteers can attend with their parents.
Do I need to go through training to become a volunteer?
- There is some training involved for certain volunteer positions and all training is provided by our staff so you can feel secure and confident in your new volunteer role.
Is there a volunteer screening process?
- Many of our volunteers work under the supervision of our staff. Any volunteers who will be working independently will be asked to complete a Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance Check. More information about this process will be discussed as you make your way through the volunteer registration process.
What kinds of volunteering can I do?
- We have a large variety of volunteer positions available from preparing meals, teaching life skills, and house and yard maintenance work, and assisting with events.
- We want to help you learn new skills and make the most of your natural and learned talents when you work with us. We will work together to find the best possible volunteer position for you.
Can I volunteer as part of my high school volunteer hours?
- Not at this time.
What is the Serving Communities Internship Program?
- The SCiP support post-secondary students looking to get hands-on experience and grow their skills by working hand-in-hand with non-profit organizations. As participants in this program, we are happy to accept interns into our organization. Please visit our Intern page for more information.
How will my donation be spent?
- All money from donations goes towards providing ongoing care to vulnerable mothers and babies. Our ongoing operating costs includes: staff wages, utilities, groceries, transportation, and other support and events for the women and children who stay with us.
Can I make a one-time donation?
- Of course! We are happy to accept one-time donations. We’ve set up a very simple, secure donation form on our Donations page. Just be sure to select “one-time” in the options area of that form.
Can I donate regularly, once per month?
- Absolutely! Commitments like these really help us plan for the future of Emma House and the women and children who access our services. Go to Our Donations page to set up your contribution or contact us if you have more questions. Click to email us or visit our Donations page.
I represent a religious institution or an affiliated group. Can we donate?
- Definitely. We have received donations of funds, goods, and services from churches and other religious groups in the past and would be happy to have you support our cause.
Will I receive a receipt for income tax purposes?
- Yes. Businesses, organizations, institutions, and individuals alike will all receive receipts for their donations of over $20 CAD. Tax Receipts are mailed once a year, issued before the end of February of the following year. For example, if you donate in July 2017, your tax receipt will be sent out in February 2018. Receipts will be mailed to the address you provide.
How can I donate?
You can donate online, by clicking here. You can also mail cheques, made payable to Emma Maternity House, to our mailing address PO Box 74012 Strathcona Postal Outlet Calgary, AB T3H 3B6
What happens when I donate online?
- When you make an online donation through our website, you should receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive that, please contact us at email@example.com. Be sure to check your junk mail folder for the email confirmation as well.
Do you accept donations of food, toys, or clothing?
- We accept and very grateful for an assortment of gift donations, from baby items and food to personal items and clothing. Our storage space for these sorts of donations is limited so please contact us directly about your donations intentions to discuss the possibilities further. Click to email us or visit our Donations page.
Can I donate services?
- Yes. We love when local businesses and service providers use their talents to teach new skills and provide support to the women and children of Emma House. Please contact us to discuss the possibilities in depth. Click Here to Email Emma House
Donations from Individuals, Businesses, Churches and Other Organizations
- Most of our help comes from people, businesses, and organizations just like you and yours. It is through your generosity that we are able to help women and their children move from just surviving to thriving.
PO Box 74012 Strathcona Postal Outlet Calgary, AB T3H 3B6